Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar summary

Yawn!

Okay, it wasn't that bad. I thought Ellen was a great host--much better than Jon Stewart. It was nice to see Alan Arkin win.

But, beyond that...boring! I think there are 2 reasons for this. Most of the categories were not surprises. The exceptions being Alan Arkin's win and best picture. I'll admit that I like it when there is no frontrunner for best picture (but I like it much more when there IS a front runner, which is a terrible movie, and it loses!). The thing is that I will never see The Departed. I sat through Gangs of New York and The Aviator, both of which I thought were terrible movies. Forgive me if I'm not first in line to see the next Martin Scorsese/Leonardo di Caprio film.

And to think I missed The Amazing Race for that (or, if my Studmuffin had his way, The Simpsons).

No comments: