Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Baseball Fun--Fever Pitch

Since my Studmuffin won't take me to movies anymore, I've been relegated to watching films from my DVD collection. This weekend it was "Fever Pitch." To be honest, this is a bittersweet movie for me. On one hand it chronicles the disasterous baseball season which sent the Boston Red Sox--the most vile team in all sportsdom--to the world series where they--gulp--won. (After this, one of their stars--Johnny Damon--switched teams [heh heh] and went to the Yankees, giving the sorry sods in Boston something else to bitch about for another 86 years).

But, then, it's actually a really sweet girly guy film (or guyish chick flick). I admit it, I saw this movie 3 times in the theater (and once on an airplane) before buying the DVD. Strangely, though, I enjoy it even more now than I did when it was originally released. I blame this on my Studmuffin. I truly believe that if I had been stricken with food poisoning resulting in projectile vomiting on our first date, he would have stuck around to clean up the bathroom. He also says his top six things he likes about me does not include any body parts (I think that's a compliment).

While I don't understand Lindsay's (Drew Barrymore's) reticence towards baseball fandom, it still reminds me that there is romance at the ballpark.

No comments: